The InsuranceLink agent’s primary role is producing Builders Risk business from customer quote requests submitted to us or through lead generation by way of the Zurich Builders Risk program. The agent is also required to fully understand a client’s business, to consult and advise the client of options regarding applicable coverages and company products and to discuss, compare and distinguish competitor products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with and provide advice to clients via telephone regarding their insurance (risk management) needs and compare and distinguish US Assure products from competitor products.
- First point of contact in responding to a need from insurance prospects. Determine prospect’s eligibility for products available. Perform necessary processes to determine eligibility.
- Collect and analyze information in an effort to understand the unique nature of a client’s business, including its assets and insurable property, as well as the unique risks that may be inherent in the client’s particular business.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Develop insurance quotes and close sales.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy, planning future follow-up calls and evaluation of needs.
- Utilize company systems to enter all transactions while maintaining production and quality standards.
- Market, promote, negotiate and execute sales through a detailed analysis of each client and its needs.
- Conduct proactive follow-up on all leads through various communication methods.
- Establish client relationships and follow up with clients, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate and friendly client support.Support can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions and billing clarification.
- Achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Ensure all problems, processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time frames.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within team.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances InsuranceLink agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- May require occasional business travel, less than 10%.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
We are looking for highly motivated, customer-focused candidates with strong sales acumen. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in insurance, business, finance or other related field, preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, production driven environment, preferred.
- Florida resident (220) General Lines Agents License, required.
- Insurance sales background, preferred.
- Ability to accurately type 35 WPM.
- Proven track record of trustworthiness, dependability and ethical behavior.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and listening.
- Proven knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry, working within an insurance agency.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications including Word and Excel
- Proven knowledge of internet and the ability to navigate using multiple search engines.
- Working knowledge of agency management system, such as AMS or Applied, preferred.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.