Remodeling Builders Risk
When preparing to remodel a residential structure, office building or even a multimillion-dollar facility, clients face exposures not typically covered under a standard property insurance policy or risk minimal coverage should a loss occur. These clients could be your contractors, homeowners, house flippers, business investors and other entities with an insurable interest in the structure. Whether planning to add on to the existing structure or update it with new features, remodeling insurance from the Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich provides financial protection and peace of mind for the simple upgrades to complex improvements throughout the course of construction.
The Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich is an inland marine policy for residential and commercial course of construction projects, including interior and exterior remodeling and renovation. Policies are insured in the contractor or owner’s name, and clients benefit from the industry’s most comprehensive policy and flexible terms. Using our online platform, you can create a policy specific to your clients’ needs while under construction. You also have access to our dedicated team of specialists should you need support.
- Rate, quote and issue online in minutes
- Residential and commercial structures eligible
- Option to insure the renovation value only or include coverage for the existing structure
- 6, 9 or 12-month policy terms, extensions available with underwriting approval
- Coverage for theft of building materials or vandalism
- Option to purchase higher sub-limits and additional coverage, including endorsements for green building, change orders and many more
- Occupancy for a single-family dwelling allowed if the building is being remodeled
- Occupancy for two, three or four-family dwellings when less than 50 percent is leased or rented
- Occupancy for commercial structures when less than 75 percent of the square footage is leased or rented
- Improvements or renovations must represent at least 20 percent of the existing structure value
- Direct billing with premium payment installment options
Quote and issue a builders risk policy online in the name of the owner or contractor for eligible remodeling and installation projects, including the following examples:
- Basic Remodel: changes to interior, (e.g. replacement of interior fixtures, cabinets and flooring)
- Minor Structural: changes to interior and exterior, (e.g. doors, windows, roof replacement and ground floor additions)
- Major Structural: repair, replacement or removal of load-bearing walls or foundation of stories, stairways and elevators
- Ineligible: Historical structures; projects involving the historical society or that will be applying for historical status during renovation
Gain insight from our experts in a workshop or webinar.