Accounting Clerk II
Working in a high volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, this position is responsible for processing brokerage related deposits and disbursements and reconciling brokerage premium-related general ledger accounts. This position is also responsible for providing quality service and elite customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process daily Suspense/Unallocated funds.
- Process daily NSF and ACH returns.
- Process check and CyberSource voids.
- Key various standard, quick and general journal entries into Dynamics GP2019.
- Review bank correspondence to verify address changes.
- Process requests for premium, commission and tax payments to other partners which include verifying and obtaining proper approval, gathering supporting documentation and accurately coding payment to general ledger in adherence to company policies.
- Prepare monthly analysis books reconciliations in order to support the accuracy of the general ledger balances for internal and external purposes.
- Handle requests received via email from internal customers through various email boxes (Accounting Billing & Reissue). Sharing responsibility with Staff Accountants and Collections Analyst to ensure all inquiries are handled efficiently and within established time frames and guidelines.
- Process daily general ledger interface, deposit and other MBilling balancing/reconciliations.
- Ensure all problems, processing and inquiries are handled efficiently, within established time frames and guidelines.
- Backup on lockbox processing.
- Backup on AP processing.
- Backup on Daily Refund report for MBilling refunds to ensure that they are valid.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Professional computer knowledge including mainframe, Internet, and Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Access, and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of standard accounting concepts, principles, practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry, preferred.
- MBilling system experience, a plus.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- High school graduate or equivalent, minimum; BS/BA in Accounting, a plus.
- AS400, Dynamics and MBilling experience, a plus.
- One - Three years’ experience with general accounting practice, required.
- Excellent Excel and software skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Job Related Competencies
- Managing Work - Prioritizes, determines tasks and stays focused.
- Adaptability - Tries to understand change, approaches change or newness positively, adjusts behavior.
- Continuous Learning Targets learning needs, seeks learning activities, maximizes learning, applies knowledge or skill, and takes risks in learning.
- Communication - Organizes the communication, maintains audience attention, adjusts to the audience, ensures understanding, adheres to accepted conventions, and comprehends communication from others.
- Customer Focus - Seeks to understand customers, educates customers, builds collaborative relationships, takes action to meet customer needs and concerns, and sets up customer feedback systems.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Possesses educational knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties.
- Handling Pressure - Maintains focus, maintains relationships, and copes effectively.
- Innovation – Challenges paradigms, leverages diverse resources, thinks expansively, evaluates multiple solutions, and ensures relevance.
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (usassure.com) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and commercial insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk, environmental, property, and small commercial programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces, transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.