Assistant Vice President | Information Technology
The Assistant Vice President, Information Technology Infrastructure is responsible for managing the overall physical and network infrastructure of the company (i.e.: vendor management, networking, servers, desktop, telephony, productivity applications, etc.). This role partners with other US Assure leaders’ and business partners while aligning customer service with strategies and expectations. Strategic planning and implementation are important attributes for this position as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day leadership and management of the US Assure IT Infrastructure Team (i.e.: staffing, scheduling, payroll administration, performance management, discipline, coaching, etc.).
- Monitor staff and their resolution of user problems to ensure optimum efficiency and performance.
- Direct development and execution of procedures for disaster recovery, back-ups and archiving, troubleshooting, and resolution of hardware, software, and network problems.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and standards and ensures their conformance with information technology and company objectives
- Overall leadership responsibility of infrastructure operations including operations, analysis, and procurement.
- Manages Vendor and Hosting Partner relationships for Data Center and telephony infrastructure.
- Recommend and manage procurement of hardware, software and telecommunications equipment consistent with company business requirements.
- Manages business relationship with hardware leasing company. Ensures new purchases are added to the appropriate lease (FMV/$Buy) and that hardware is returned as leases expire.
- Manage company infrastructure budget ensuring all the necessary hardware, software and services are amply covered. Approves invoices and tracks invoices against budget.
- Implement the necessary administrative procedures to monitor, log, and track technical problems and/or user difficulties.
- Responsible for performing complex tasks typically relating to network monitoring, operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, site and/or remote locations.
- Responsible for the management, security and control of US Assure network assets.
- Manages security controls and processes to enable cyber-resilience, including Unified Threat Management, SEIM, malware, data loss prevention, anti-phishing, cloud messaging and malware controls.
- Manage both VOIP and data requirements over MPLS networked infrastructure.
- Manage connectivity of network and systems across US Assure business partner environments.
- Maintain, support and secure US Assure wireless network.
- Responsible for administering wide area networks including installation, documentation, technical services, and procurement of hardware and software.
- Support development and support of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Call Center solutions.
- Serve as a technical lead on resolution of complex network problems.
- Ensure that network capacity meets current and future requirements (i.e.: facilities planning, system analysis, integration/compatibility analysis, etc.).
- Provide full technical support to the organization’s hardware and software VoIP solution.
- Lead design of voice networks and integration of telephone hardware and network services.
- Manage Anti-virus, malware and other potential threats that may harm US Assure infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date Business continuity plans including annual testing of failover capabilities.
- Manage vendor contracts in adherence to budget plans.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of budget and expenditures within the area.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Professional knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Professional knowledge of network operating systems, applications and developmental tools including network management applications, VOIP telephony, database applications, CASE, compilers and commercial software
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with WAN routing protocols such as SLIP and X. 25 and hardware such as routers, hubs, and multiplexers
- Professional knowledge of leadership and management competencies to drive productivity and performance
- Professional knowledge of IT systems and processes, accepted business software and relevant Web technologies
- Professional, technical knowledge of most phases of systems analysis and business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment
- Professional knowledge of project management practices
- Professional knowledge of managing budgets and vendor relationships
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- Experienced, disciplined leader who is enthusiastic, self-starting, passionate and inquisitive
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry and/or leadership experience within a computer science/information systems focused environment, required
- Requires 10+ years of related progressive experience
- Strong background using Microsoft technologies (10+ years)
- Pertinent industry certifications desired (i.e.: Cisco, VMWare, Windows Server, Azure, etc.)
- Enterprise Infrastructure Experience
- Ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent
- Remain current with industry developments and related technology
Job Related Competencies
- Aligning Performance For Success – Sets performance goals, establishes approach, creates a learning environment, collaboratively establishes development plans and tracks and evaluates performance.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Seeks opportunities, clarifies the current situation, develops others’ and own ideas, subordinates personal goals, facilitates agreement and uses key principles.
- Team Development – Looks for opportunities to reward and celebrate accomplishments, selects (or attracts) individuals and team members necessary to meet project needs, involves individuals and team members in clarifying roles and responsibilities, tracks and shares performance data with individuals and team members, and provides ongoing guidance to help teams “get back on track” when necessary.
- Managing/Facilitating Change – Leverages organizational goals and culture and plans for human response to change.
- Customer Focus – Listens to customer concerns; demonstrates understanding and interest, seeks customer ideas and suggestions to solve problems/issues, avoids unreasonable commitments, and make an extra effort to satisfy customers.
- Financial Management - Prepares and manages a budget, monitors and manages expenses, and interprets Zurich Insurance Services’ and Zurich North America’s fiscal results.
- Communication - Establishes discussion objectives that clearly reflect what needs to be accomplished, conveys ideas clearly and with appropriate grammar and vocabulary, summarizes information to ensure understanding of content, and delivers difficult messages diplomatically.
- Building Trust – Ensures that his/her words and actions are consistent, cares about others’ feelings and concerns, displays integrity at all times, and appropriately champions subordinates/peers to others.
- Business Knowledge – Sees the big picture, understands the company and industry, understands financial and business process drivers and understands human resources requirements.
- Managing Conflict – Opens discussions effectively, clarifies the current situation, remains open to all sides, stays focused on resolution, develops others’ and own ideas, initiates action and closes discussions with clear summaries.
- Selecting/Keeping Talent – Assesses potential candidates, prepares and conducts behavioral based interviews, evaluates candidates and selects best match, provides consistent orientation and feedback to new hires, provides frequent, constructive performance feedback/coaching, rewards and recognizes achievements promptly and appropriately, asks for employee input, then listens and responds, partners with employees to create development and career plans, coaches employees on multiple ways to grow/learn, maintains strong commitment to development and training, encourages fun in the workplace and uses available retention tools.
- Delegating Responsibility – Targets work to the appropriate person, provides resources and guidance consistent with the task, gives freedom to choose own approach to completing work assignments, and empowers team members while maintaining responsibility,
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (usassure.com) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and commercial insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk, environmental, property, and small commercial programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces, transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.