Billing Service Specialist
Working in a high call volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, this position is responsible for providing information, handling and resolving problems, and advanced troubleshooting of all types of billing inquiries, as well as processing transactions within the various systems used for billing. The Billing Service Specialist also provides quality customer service and problem resolution in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact in responding to a request from direct bill customers, agents and/or field staff. This includes customer billing inquiries for all product lines and handling inbound and outbound calls in a multi-task environment.
- Process all types of business transactions to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Handling of daily production tasks from OnBase system
- Handling exception report processing
- Answering internal inquiries from the Assistance Que
- Utilize company systems to enter all transactions while maintaining production and quality standards.
- Ensure all problems, processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time frames.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within team.
- Provide on the job training and mentoring with others in the department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Proven knowledge of accounting/billing principles.
- Proven knowledge of accepted business software, mainframe systems and the Internet.
- Proven knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Proven ability to analyze situations and resolve problems with little or no assistance.
- Proven company product and service knowledge.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- High school graduate, minimum; AA/BS/BA degree with emphasis in insurance, business or finance, preferred.
- Two plus years’ experience in a customer service, multi-tasked environment, with a call center focus.
- Ability to accurately type 35 WPM.
- Ability to successfully perform functions of a Service Representative.
Job Related Competencies
- Managing Work - Prioritizes, makes preparations, schedules, leverages resources, stays focused.
- Adaptability - Tries to understand change, approaches change or newness positively, adjusts behavior.
- Continuous Learning - Targets learning needs, seeks learning activities, maximizes learning, applies knowledge or skill, and takes risks in learning.
- Communication - Organizes the communication, maintains audience attention, adjusts to the audience, ensures understanding, adheres to accepted conventions, and comprehends communication from others.
- Customer Focus - Seeks to understand customers, educates customers, builds collaborative relationships, takes action to meet customer needs and concerns, and sets up customer feedback systems.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Possesses educational knowledge and skills necessary to perform
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Seeks opportunities, clarifies the current situation, develops others’ and own ideas, subordinates personal goals, facilitates agreement and uses key principles.
- Building Trust – Operates with integrity, discloses own positions, remains open to ideas, and supports others.
- Decision Making - Identifies issues, problems and opportunities, gathers information, interprets information, generates alternatives, chooses appropriate action, commits to action, and involves others.
- Handling Pressure - Maintains focus, maintains relationships, and copes effectively.
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (usassure.com) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and commercial insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk, environmental, property, and small commercial programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces, transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, visit usassure.com/careers/opportunities-apply. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.