Corporate Communications Coordinator
US Assure’s Corporate Communications Coordinator creates messaging to support the execution of formalized business communications plans that span internal and business audiences, and organizes events for our spirited group of employees. This individual is self-motivated, flexible, has a proactive style, demonstrates an obvious talent for writing to a broad scope of audiences and for multiple purposes, and can easily collaborate with others to maximize effectiveness.
The Corporate Communications Coordinator is an extension of a thriving, diverse and robust operation—including customer-facing / revenue-driving activities, events, community and corporate relations, and internal communications.
- Coordinates communications and events that support companywide initiatives, elevate
US Assure’s corporate culture, and keeps employees connected to business objectives and results
- Provides input during the development process of editorial calendars and other communications activities, and assist in scheduling and creating content—primarily for internal audiences, that integrates a multi-channel approach (email, social, screensavers, video, digital boards, text messaging)
- Provides communications assistance that is thoughtful, genuine and informative, including employee recognition, annual reports, business updates, event promotion, community involvement and more
- Supports production of employee digital newsletter by developing story ideas, interviewing appropriate parties, researching, writing and editing articles and facilitating production and distribution through email platform
- Plans and executes a wide range of employee engagement events and activities
- Maintains intranet, resources and other channels to ensure employee-facing communications / content is consistently accurate, up-to-date and relevant
- Coordinates and performs formatting, proofreading and processing of print and electronic documents
- Acts as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects
- Establish / maintain cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders, community / business partners and vendors
- Conduct research on awards and other opportunities that highlight our position as a best place to work and industry leader
- Schedule, coordinate, execute and monitor performance of employee activities
The Corporate Communications Coordinator may perform other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. These functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
The following competencies, traits and experience are necessary to be considered a qualified candidate:
Competencies and Traits
- Quickly absorb new information and write for different purposes (e.g. campaign concepts, business announcements, company benefits program, etc.) often with the need to influence and persuade across internal audiences
- Thoughtful approach to business writing, grammar, editing and communication skills, with a confident grasp of AP style
- Above average tolerance for multitasking and a proven ability to operate under very short deadlines
- Awareness and comfort with a review and editing process conducted with various subject matter experts
- Enjoyment for creating special experiences through events and other activities
- Solid understanding of the organization’s brand, value proposition, corporate voice / tone and corporate culture
- Admirable interpersonal skills and a well-respected reputation with others
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field required
- Three to four years of experience in a communications setting
- Hands-on experience working in an email marketing platform required
- Experience working with a content management system or web interface preferred
- Knowledge and adherence to AP style guidelines
- Intermediate PowerPoint, Word and Illustrator skills preferred
- Experience creating and formatting professional documents
- Please submit a cover letter, formal resume and multiple writing samples.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.