Customer Service Representative | InsuranceLink
Working in a sales driven, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, this position is responsible for processing all types of business transactions, handling customer inquiries and making outbound calls from lead generation while providing quality service and elite customer satisfaction within the InsuranceLink agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact for customers within our builders risk and property programs countrywide. This includes handling incoming and outbound calls, emails, mail correspondence, product inquiries, policy issuance support and customer billing
- Assist agent in closing sales
- Process all types of business transactions, while under supervision of the supervising agent, including but not limited to the following:
- Submitting insurance applications
- Providing insurance quotes
- Issuing policies
- Issuing Certificates of Insurance
- Processing endorsements
- Assisting with claims reporting
- Prequalify and analyze customer’s coverage needs, educate clients on product offerings, and recommend additional coverages to sell new accounts and retain existing customers
- Gather information, complete applications, submit to eligible and appropriate carriers and follow up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations
- Provide and review quotes in detail with customers while explaining coverage’s and exclusions, as well as recommending additional coverage’s when appropriate
- Bind coverage when authorized by customers, verify accuracy and coverage adequacy of policies, and ensure all appropriate policy and billing documents are provided to customers, and additional authorized parties when required, in a timely manner
- Assist and process policy servicing requests in a timely manner while ensuring customer comprehension and authorization
- Utilize the agency management system by entering all transactions, uploading all policy documents, correspondence, and other electronic files or information, in correspondence with agency procedures while maintaining production and quality standards
- Assist customers in submitting first reports of claims, advise of claims process and procedures, and follow up on claims status to ensure timely processing
- Process incoming mail in a timely manner, including responding when necessary, and uploading in agency management system
- Ensure all problems, processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time frames
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assures corporate vision and mission
- Participate in knowledge transfer within team
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Basic knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Basic knowledge of course of construction and builders risk insurance.
- Basic knowledge of agency management system.
- Basic knowledge of agency billing process.
Education and / or Experience and Abilities
- High school graduate, minimum; AA/BS/BA degree with emphasis in insurance, business or finance, preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, production driven environment, preferred.
- Ability to accurately type 35 WPM.
- Florida resident (440) Customer Service Representative License, required.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.