Manager - Operations and Insurance Services
The Manager – Operations and Insurance Services is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day coordination and production of our builders risk insurance operations team, including service, billing and business processing support. Working in a high-volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented team environment, this position is responsible for driving results by creating an environment which provides qualitative customer satisfaction via our inbound contact center and processing support teams. By ensuring effective and long-term problem resolution, the Manager – Operations and Insurance Services partners with other US Assure leaders and business partners while aligning customer service with strategies and expectations. This position requires a motivated individual with a proven ability to manage across operational teams, meet deadlines, produce accurate and timely performance reports, identify opportunities for improved efficiency and implement new / refine existing workflows and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages direct reports to ensure highest standards are met and departments are adhering to service level agreements.
- Ensures all customer inquiries are handled efficiently and within established time frames / work standards while producing quality service results and customer satisfaction.
- Provides direction and establishes performance plans, team leadership, coaching, training and development to direct reports and team members.
- Determines and appropriates sufficient resources to meet performance goals.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends; creates and manages reports; and recommends changes to strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Responsible for forecasting and review of employee schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels and resource allocation. Provides feedback to US Assure leadership regarding process or customer concerns to include making recommendations to enhance work processes, setting policies and practices.
- Creates, implements and completes actions plans, and initiates corrective action when appropriate.
- Develops and monitors team budget, identifying and explaining variances in accordance with established processes. Prepares monthly staffing models for use in budgeting process to determine staffing needs.
- Serves on departmental and cross-departmental committees and work groups to develop policies, procedures and workflow enhancements.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
- Writes and administers performance reviews, and addresses disciplinary and / or performance issues according to US Assure policy.
- Responsible for interviewing candidates for employment and assessing organizational fit.
- Upholds a positive team environment that motivates employees, oversees performance, recognizes achievement and develops staff.
- Responsible for payroll administration duties for the department to include recording paid time off (PTO), overtime and employee leave.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and / or abilities required.
- Professional knowledge of leadership competencies and management processes to drive productivity and quality performance.
- Professional knowledge and experience with workforce management and developing staffing models.
- Working knowledge of property/casualty insurance products and programs, procedures, eligibility guidelines and business rules.
- Professional knowledge of managing customer service centered teams in the insurance industry.
- Experience with service center operations workflow and telephony systems.
- Maintains appropriate working knowledge of company systems and processes and accepted business software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional working knowledge of Microsoft Office software with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Direct Bill system experience a plus.
Education and / or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry and / or leadership experience within a customer focused environment, required.
- Minimum seven years experience managing a customer service centered team, required. Insurance industry, preferred.
- Insurance industry experience and underwriting authority, preferred.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.