Manager, Operations Support
The Manager – Operations Support is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business activities and results of our Operations Support teams. Working in a high volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team atmosphere, this individual is responsible for fostering an environment of collaboration and driving KPI’s by providing the tools and leadership the team needs to build relationships and meet customer expectations. This includes establishing and tracking progress towards objectives, production and quality monitoring in addition to providing performance and quality feedback for employee development, coaching, training and problem solving. By ensuring effective and long-term problem resolution, the Manger – Operations Support partners with other Operations leaders while aligning the support teams with strategies and expectations. This position requires a positive and motivated leader with a proven ability to meet deadlines, produce accurate and timely performance reports, identify opportunities for improvement, provide recommendations for viable solutions and refine/implement processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages direct reports to ensure highest standards are met and departments are adhering to service level
- Uphold a positive team environment that inspires, motivates and encourages employees, recognizes achievements and develops staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day production of the team, including providing daily direction and supervision to ensure quality and performance standards are met, managing call volume levels and assignments to team members, evaluating calls, and executing planned activities to achieve defined goals and results.
- Ensure all processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time
- Conducts performance and quality monitoring, and provides feedback and coaching on a regular basis to team members. Keeps leadership informed of progress towards these goals.
- Responsible for forecasting and review of employee schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels and resource allocation.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to US Assure leadership regarding process or customer concerns to include making recommendations to enhance work processes, setting policies and practices.
- Consult and collaborate with Operations leadership regarding progress toward goals, production levels, quality levels, staffing needs, procedural changes and strategic planning.
- Assists with setting performance and quality
- Writes and administers performance reviews and addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues according to US Assure policy.
- With guidance from Operations leadership, assists in developing and monitoring team budget, identifying and explaining variances in accordance with established processes. Prepares monthly staffing models for use in budgeting process to determine staffing needs.
- Responsible for the hiring process which includes identifying and interviewing candidates for employment and assessing organizational
- Identifies team member development and training needs through regular interactions and
- Manages employee schedules to meet service level
- Upholds a positive team environment that motivates employees, oversees performance, recognizes achievement and develops staff.
- Responsible for payroll administration duties for the department to include recording paid time off (PTO), overtime and employee leave.
- Navigates multiple company systems and
- Supports an inclusive team
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to uphold US Assure’s corporate vision, mission and
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge / Skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct the activities of other employees in order to achieve objectives and team
- An authentic positive demeanor, with strong coaching skills focused on quality and
- A desire to learn, share knowledge and keep your team up-to-date on product offerings and relationship development best practices.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building
- Experience using productivity and quality management
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills; aptitude to analyze data and make recommendations based on
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an
- Professional knowledge of customer service techniques and
- Maintains appropriate working knowledge of company systems and processes, accepted business software, Internet and phone systems.
- Professional working knowledge of Microsoft Office software with emphasis on Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and
- Professional knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry,
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work
- Supervisory or higher leadership position within a team
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience overseeing a team of 10 or
- Preparing and analyzing performance metric
- Organizing and implementing goal-oriented
- Insurance industry experience including underwriting, service, billing and/or insurance designations a
Job Related Competencies
- Initiating Action – Responds quickly, takes independent action, and goes above and
- Aligning Performance for Success – Assists in setting performance goals, establishing approach, creating a learning environment, collaboratively establishing development plans and tracks and evaluates performance.
- Team Development – Looks for opportunities to reward and celebrate accomplishments, helps select (or attract) individuals and team members necessary to meet project needs, involves individuals and team members in clarifying roles and responsibilities, tracks and shares performance data with individuals and team members, and provides ongoing guidance to help teams “get back on track” when necessary.
- Financial Management – Assists in preparing and managing a budget, monitors and manages
- Building a Successful Team – Develop direction and structure, facilitates goal accomplishment, involves others and models commitment.
- Coaching/Developing Others – Accurately identifies team members’ strengths and/or development needs, offers opportunities that will enhance skills, avoids being overly directive during coaching discussions, and establishes clear, measurable performance expectations.
- Continuous Improvement – Assesses opportunities, determines causes, targets improvement ideas, and implements effective improvements.
- Customer Focus – Listens to customer concerns; demonstrates understanding and interest, seeks customer ideas and suggestions to solve problems/issues, avoids unreasonable commitments, and makes an extra effort to satisfy
- Communication – Establishes discussion objectives that clearly reflect what needs to be accomplished, conveys ideas clearly and with appropriate grammar and vocabulary, summarizes information to ensure understanding of content, and delivers difficult messages diplomatically.
- Building Trust – Operates with integrity, discloses own positions, remains open to ideas, and supports
- Selecting/Keeping Talent – Assesses potential candidates, prepares and conducts behavioral based interviews, evaluates candidates and selects best match, provides consistent orientation and feedback to new hires, provides frequent, constructive performance feedback/coaching, rewards and recognizes achievements promptly and appropriately, asks for employee input, then listens and responds, partners with employees to create development and career plans, coaches employees on multiple ways to grow/learn, maintains strong commitment to development and training, encourages fun in the workplace and uses available retention
- Delegating Responsibility – Targets work to the appropriate person, provides resources and guidance consistent with the task, gives freedom to choose own approach to completing work assignments, and empowers team members while maintaining responsibility, assists where needed.
- Managing Conflict – Opens discussions effectively, clarifies the current situation, remains open to all sides, stays focused on resolution, develops others’ and own ideas, initiates action and closes discussions with clear
- Decision Making – Seeks and organizes information and data to explain trends, problems and causes, recognizes cause and effect relationships, selects courses of action that demonstrate good judgment, and demonstrates a willingness to be decisive under time pressure.
- Information Monitoring – Identifies monitoring needs, develops monitoring systems, implements tracking systems, and reviews data.
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.