Marketing and Sales Coordinator
The Marketing & Sales Coordinator is primarily responsible for the tactical execution of strategic marketing initiatives to drive sales and distribution. Principal tasks include the planning, coordination, digital promotion, and results reporting and analysis of more than 50 product focused lunch-and-learn events per year to existing and potential clients; providing account management support for key client relationships; and prospecting for new distribution opportunities. Additional functions of this position include collecting and analyzing marketing campaign results, sourcing promotional products, managing vendors, presenting program and product information to existing and potential clients, and providing tactical campaign support to senior marketing staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct 360-degree event planning, coordination, promotion, measurement and refinement for lunch-and-learn style events with 40 to 150 attendees each, held in various cities around the U.S. (event is traveled to and hosted by the Marketing Manager)
- Research, source and secure event venues (primarily restaurants) based on audience size and location
- Manage events using Marketo (digital marketing automation platform) to:
- Build individual event programs, emails, sign-up landing pages, post-back pages, etc.
- Create event-specific invitation lists based on pre-defined audience segmentation criteria
- Properly incorporate campaign links and tags into emails and landing pages for accurate results tracking
- Monitor activities to ensure successful program functionality
- Collect and document all established event metrics, ensuring information is up-to-date and accurate
- Aggregate and format campaign results data for review; make thoughtful recommendations based on results analysis and industry best practices; implement optimizations to campaign activities and programs
- Manage and act as primary point of contact with outside vendors, maintain relationships, negotiate pricing, secure national contracts and ensure event-day expectations are communicated and met
- Compile and analyze market trend research, construction markets data and customer production to determine most viable locations for events
- Assist in event forecasting, monthly expense reporting, annual budgeting, budget tracking, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Support sales and distribution team in the creation of monthly and quarterly customer-specific sales production reports, and in the development of agent-facing marketing and sales materials, including presentations, training and instructional documentation
- Provide account management and relationship development support including agent / agency outreach and follow-up, and the identification and coordination of targeted agency visits
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of US Assure’s products, including eligibility, ineligibility, coverages, rating, standard commissions, product options, policy types, etc.
- Engage, educate and onboard prospective, new and existing clients by presenting and promoting US Assure programs via lunch-and-learn workshops, webinars, tradeshows, conferences and / or agency visits
- Maintain a thorough understanding of US Assure’s systems and processes in order to educate and assist agent(s) with access, navigation and troubleshooting to ensure all issues, processing queries and questions are handled efficiently within established time frames
- Exemplify US Assure’s brand pillars through personal professionalism, knowledge, outlook, and understanding of technology and program requirements
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or licenses, and abilities required.
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, sales, project coordination, event planning or other related fields
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of effective marketing and sales techniques
- Professional knowledge of event marketing and event management tools, including building emails, landing pages and measuring campaign results
- Project management experience and exceptional time management skills for arranging multiple campaign activities and meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of a CRM (Salesforce preferred) and Email Marketing platform
- Professional working knowledge of Microsoft Office software with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Above average ability to independently manage campaign execution, measurement, analysis and results driven activities
- Thorough command of written and verbal communication, negotiation, rapport building and interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness to identify new business opportunities, determine decision makers, effectively position products and positively manage objections
- Ability to create and deliver engaging product-focused presentations to groups of professionals; capacity to explain moderately complex topics to producers, agency staff and other distributor personnel
- Self-motivated, action oriented with an acute attention to detail and organization, high tolerance for multitasking, and proven ability to operate under deadlines
- Ability to travel overnight, 3 - 5% of total time
Job Related Competencies
- Adaptability - Understanding change, approaching change or newness positively, adjusting behavior.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Building Customer Loyalty – Using key principles to acknowledge people, clarify the current situation, meet or exceed needs, confirm satisfaction and take the “heat” when required.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Seeking opportunities, developing others’ and own ideas, subordinating personal goals, and facilitating agreement.
- Communication – Organizing the communication, maintaining audience attention, adjusting to the audience, ensuring understanding, adhering to accepted conventions, and comprehending communication from others.
- Customer Focus – Seeking to understand customers, educating customers, building collaborative relationships, taking action to meet customer needs and concerns, and setting up customer feedback systems.
- Continuous Improvement – Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implementing solutions and measuring impact.
- Formal Presentation – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Handling Pressure – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work - Prioritizing, making preparations, scheduling, leveraging resources, staying focused.
- Negotiation – Clarifying the current situation, identifying points of agreement/disagreement, keeping discussion issue-oriented, developing others’ and own ideas, building support for preferred alternatives, and facilitating agreement.
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service or idea from prospects and clients.
- Work Standards – Setting standards for excellence, ensuring high quality, taking responsibility, and encouraging others to take responsibility.
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (usassure.com) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and property insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk and property programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces,
transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.