Marketing & Sales Outbound Call Team Supervisor
The Marketing & Sales Outbound Call Team Supervisor is primarily responsible for two areas: overseeing the day-to-day coordination and production of our outbound, B2B marketing call team, and working closely with department leadership and our digital and content teams on short- and long-term strategic initiatives. Working in a high volume, multi-tasking, goal oriented and team atmosphere, this individual is responsible for fostering an environment of collaboration and driving KPIs by providing the tools and leadership the call team needs to establish and grow relationships with current and future customers. This includes tracking progress towards objectives, quality monitoring, providing performance and quality feedback for employee development, motivating, coaching, training and problem solving. This position requires a positive and motivated leader with a proven ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, produce accurate and timely performance reports, identify opportunities for improvement, provide recommendations for viable solutions, and refine existing and implement new call team processes.
What You Need
- An authentic, positive demeanor, with strong call center coaching skills focused on quality and technique
- A desire to learn, share knowledge and keep your team up-to-date on product offerings and relationship development best practices
- Experience using call center productivity and quality management systems (specific experience with NICE InContact / Engage platforms a plus)
- Experience using an enterprise-level CRM platform (Salesforce preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to create and use pivot tables, v-lookups, if statements, etc.
- Exceptional comfort working simultaneously with several computer systems and software platforms
- Ability to work on multiple projects of varying sizes while effectively managing day-to-day operational needs
What You’ll Do
- Uphold a positive team environment that inspires, motivates and encourages employees, recognizes achievements and develops staff
- Oversee the day-to-day production and coordination of the outbound call team, including providing daily direction and supervision to ensure quality and performance standards are met, managing call scheduling and assignments, evaluating calls, and executing planned marketing activities to achieve defined goals and results
- Ensure new and existing team members are properly trained and supplied with resources to effectively promote the company’s products, services and brand message
- Provide consistent, timely performance reporting and quality monitoring, including delivering feedback and coaching on a regular basis to team members
- Assess call team resources, forecasting work load and capacity, and creating staffing models to ensure consistent completion of outreach campaigns
- Review and refine existing call campaign processes, creating effective, efficient, standardized methods, and revisiting on a planned basis to optimize as necessary
- Recommend, develop, test and implement new call strategies based on varying campaign objectives
- Oversee the call team’s use of multiple computer systems and applications, including a CRM, call center productivity and quality platform, and internal and external-facing communication platforms
- Manage administrative functions, including PTO requests, electronic time-cards, and assist in writing and administering performance reviews and addressing disciplinary and/or performance issues
- Assist management in interviewing call team candidates for employment and assessing organizational fit
- Contribute to the development of the Marketing & Sales department strategy and annual budget
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to uphold US Assure’s corporate vision, mission and values
Knowledge / Competencies
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct the activities of other employees in order to achieve objectives, campaign schedules and team goals
- Professional knowledge of call center and customer service practices, as well as leadership and coaching principles
- Capacity to develop, coordinate and prioritize activities or tasks of individuals or groups
- Discipline to complete assignments within established time frames and specifications
- Above average tolerance for multitasking and proven ability to operate under deadlines
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills; aptitude to analyze data and make recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Skilled at creating professional reports and presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry preferred
Education and / or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Supervisory or higher leadership position within an inside sales, marketing or call center environment
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience overseeing a call team of 8 or more
- Understanding of call center technology and measurement resources
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce.com preferred
- Preparing and analyzing call center metrics reports
- Organizing and implementing goal-oriented initiatives
- Insurance industry experience preferred
Refer to the Dimension Definitions guide, located in the Career Resources database on my.usassure.com, for a complete explanation of each dimension.
- Initiating Action – Responds quickly, takes independent action, and goes above and beyond.
- Building a Successful Team – Develop direction and structure, facilitates goal accomplishment, involves others and models commitment.
- Coaching/Developing Others – Accurately identifies team members’ strengths and/or development needs, offers opportunities that will enhance skills, avoids being overly directive during coaching discussions, and establishes clear, measurable performance expectations.
- Continuous Improvement – Assesses opportunities, determines causes, targets improvement ideas, and implements effective improvements.
- Customer Focus – Listens to customer concerns; demonstrates understanding and interest, seeks customer ideas and suggestions to solve problems/issues, avoids unreasonable commitments, and makes an extra effort to satisfy customers.
- Communication – Establishes discussion objectives that clearly reflect what needs to be accomplished, conveys ideas clearly and with appropriate grammar and vocabulary, summarizes information to ensure understanding of content, and delivers difficult messages diplomatically.
- Building Trust – Operates with integrity, discloses own positions, remains open to ideas, and supports others.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Possesses educational knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties.
- Managing Work - Prioritizes, makes preparations, schedules, leverages resources and stays focused.
- Managing Conflict – Opens discussions effectively, clarifies the current situation, remains open to all sides, stays focused on resolution, develops others’ and own ideas, initiates action and closes discussions with clear summaries.
- Decision Making – Seeks and organizes information and data to explain trends, problems and causes, recognizes cause and effect relationships, selects courses of action that demonstrate good judgment, and demonstrates a willingness to be decisive under time pressure.
- Information Monitoring – Identifies monitoring needs, develops monitoring systems, implements tracking systems, and reviews data.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.