National Sales Executive
The National Sales Executive plays a significant role in the strengthening, maintenance and expansion of high profile P&C distributor relationships, as well as the identification and qualification of new high value distribution opportunities. This position serves as the lead contact for assigned distributors with ownership of profitable growth and is responsible for contributing to marketing and underwriting business teams by staying educated on products, competitors and the market in general, analyzing and summarizing sales-related data and translating that data into strategies supporting sales objectives and product development. This role also requires maintaining a network of business contacts in mid- and senior-level management positions and a history of working with these individuals to meet business needs. It is essential the National Sales Executive have a thorough command of sales tools and methods, customer relations, communication and presentation techniques, analytics and reporting. This position reports to the SVP of Marketing and Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as key contact and manage relationships with primary distributors, national brokers and aggregators, including marketing of company products, providing account support, requested information, and general guidance, negotiating incentive compensation agreements, researching and recommending new opportunities for product distribution, and generating routine performance reports
- Build agent network by identifying high value business opportunities with existing distributors and developing new prospects with significant submission activity potential, preparing and maintaining records for sales leads and progress status of accounts, including evaluating industry position, establishing contact, qualifying and developing relationships, researching and analyzing sales options, and recommending solutions
- Contribute to business objectives through development, implementation and execution of annual sales strategy supporting existing and new business revenue goals
- Act as primary contact at industry events, distributor tradeshows and agent conferences, including scheduling, set-up / tear-down and on-site representation
- Prepare reports by collecting sales information and statistics, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, sales and distribution strategies
- Analyze business opportunities and identify product improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies as appropriate
- Enhance staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, and mentoring team members
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
Other Duties and Responsibilities
The National Sales Executive may perform other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. These functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
We are looking for highly motivated and initiative driven candidates who are excited about the opportunity to collaborate with a passionate team of sales-minded marketers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
Education and / or Experience and Abilities
- Overnight travel required 80% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Marketing, Business or equivalent business-related area of study; industry designations and underwriting experience a plus
- 10 - 15 years of proven related experience and knowledge in the insurance industry, including a strong history in sales and relationship management, demonstrable prospecting abilities, a proven track record of success in sales, superior analytical skills, a thorough understanding of customer needs, and consistent interaction with executive leadership
- Commercial lines marketing experience with a P&C insurance PA, wholesale broker or carrier/MGU/MGA
- Existing agency contacts with local, regional and national brokers
- Insight to improve on existing practices, leveraging personal past experiences and in-depth understanding of best practices in the marketplace intended to improve the competitive advantage of the company
- Logical, systematic and sequential approach to solving difficult problems; excellent at objective analysis, and engaging others in analyzing and developing solutions; anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, negotiation, prospecting, rapport building and interpersonal skills, including an exceptional ability to create, format and deliver highly professional materials, including presentation documents, proposals and reports
- Accepts and demonstrates accountability for performance by setting clear goals and expectations through sales planning and strategy, tracking progress, meeting sales goals, and providing supporting reports and insights
- Ability to creatively identify new opportunities, effectively position products, identify decision makers, and manage objections positively and professionally
- Completely self-motivated and action oriented with minimal oversight and direction on a frequent basis, extremely high attention to detail and organization with exceptional project management skills.
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce.com
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite of applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- A neat professional appearance is required at all times
- Skills / Specialties include Account Management, Strategic Sales, Customer Relations, Market Analysis, New Business Development, Business to Business (B2B) Sales.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.