In a highly collaborative, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team atmosphere, the Network Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining designated key systems and all applicable equipment in the IT environment. System management/maintenance includes engineering and provisioning, installation/configuration, operations and support of said equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, LAN, WAN, VLAN, WLAN, Wireless, Cloud, Telephony, QoS, Firewall, and Network Security Systems. The Network Administrator will serve as the lead technical resource for network production operations. The position will be responsible for managing small projects that may include the use of contractor and or vendor-supplied support.
- Design, plan, implement and maintain the company’s LAN, WAN, Wireless, switches, routers, servers and network connected devices.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading network infrastructure and associated devices, diagnosing and troubleshooting both common and unusual network problems, performing preventive maintenance on the network, and monitoring performance on both the local area network (LAN) and wide area network using monitoring tools and packet sniffers.
- Implement changes to network equipment and configuration according to business and technical requirements
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Determine and recommend the procurement of hardware, software and/or telecommunication equipment consistent with the company’s needs.
- Manage, maintain and support Windows server operating system, both physical and virtual. Manage, upgrade and support core business applications.
- Prepares reports and documentation related to department activities and system functionality.
- Monitor server environment to ensure optimum performance and stability.
- Assist with the buildout of new desktops and provide level 2 support to end users.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs, includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be assigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” Under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Excellent problem determination and analytic skills / experience.
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking, AD, DNS, and DHCP.
- Windows operating System.
- Cisco skills.
- Office365 administration is a plus
- VOIP and virtual PBX experience is a plus
Education and / or Experience and Abilities
- High school diploma, minimum; bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent field preferred.
- 4-6 years of network administration experience with a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a medium sized IT environment
- Pertinent industry certifications, desired.
- Experience with software and system administration including communication hardware designated to maintain LAN and WAN environments.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid experience maintaining designated systems.
- Ability to occasionally working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- May require an occasional business travel.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.