Working in a high call volume, professional, friendly environment this position is responsible for answering and routing incoming calls on a multi-line switchboard while greeting and directing visitor/guests to their applicable party. The receptionist also provides administrative support to the Operations Department and other areas and serves as a point of contact in support of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and route incoming calls within established time frame.
- Serve as first point of contact when greeting visitors/guests.
- Supply security badges to visitors and existing employees, when applicable.
- Maintain neat and orderly appearance in lobby.
- Handle administrative requests from Executive office and provide support to Operations and all other departments, as needed.
- Process all types of business transactions to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Routing Fax Marketing.
- Processing return mail.
- Processing endorsements and motor carrier filings.
- Utilize company systems to enter all transactions while maintaining production and quality standards.
- Ensure all problems, processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time frames.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Solid understanding of customer service principles.
- Basic understanding of company policy and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of accepted business software to include mainframe systems, Internet, Windows and FaxPro.
- Basic knowledge of multi-line phone systems.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- High school graduate, minimum.
- Minimum one year experience working in a multi-tasked, production driven, customer service/reception environment, preferred.
- Ability to accurately type 35 WPM.
Job Related Competencies
Refer to the Dimension Definitions guide, located in the Career Resources database on my.usassure.com for a complete explanation of each dimension.
- Managing Work - Prioritizes, makes preparations, schedules, leverages resources, stays focused.
- Adaptability - Tries to understand change, approaches change or newness positively, adjusts behavior.
- Continuous Learning - Targets learning needs, seeks learning activities, maximizes learning, applies knowledge or skill, and takes risks in learning.
- Communication - Organizes the communication, maintains audience attention, adjusts to the audience, ensures understanding, adheres to accepted conventions, and comprehends communication from others.
- Customer Focus - Seeks to understand customers, educates customers, builds collaborative relationships, takes action to meet customer needs and concerns, and sets up customer feedback systems.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Possesses educational knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties.
- Handling Pressure - Maintains focus, maintains relationships, and copes effectively.
- Work Standards - Sets standards for excellence, ensures high quality, takes responsibility, and encourages others to take responsibility.
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (usassure.com) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and commercial insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk, environmental, property, and small commercial programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces, transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.