Working in a high volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, the Systems Analyst is responsible for planning and performing analysis of major company activities and/or functions and helps guide the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of existing business systems applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between IT and the business to ensure requests and specifications are clear and complete.
- Utilize available personnel and resources to analyze information, procedures and systems to determine the most useful business solutions for the company.
- Analyze, interpret, and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Functional understanding of SQL and its use to query data from relational databases
- Participate in all phases of a project including, but not limited to, requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, and production support
- Participate in problem analysis and system design to prepare for solution development.
- Prepare requirements and specifications from which programs/code will be written.
- Help produce Workflow Diagrams and User Interface requirements
- Assist with quality assurance (QA) activities for system development/enhancements/modifications.
- Assist with the coordination of user acceptance testing (UAT) with business users.
- Drive the development of user documentation.
- Participate in team retrospectives and other meetings.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for application(s) to ensure all business rules are properly implemented and maintained.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Knowledge of relevant business software and operating systems (Microsoft Suite)
- Knowledge of system architecture and database systems
- Knowledge of industry standard development techniques and practices
- Knowledge of techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users
- Remain current with industry developments and related technology
Education and / or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, finance or equivalent field, required
- At least 3 years of related progressive systems analyst experience
- Strong background using Microsoft technologies (3+ years)
- Preferred: Insurance Industry experience
- Preferred: Microsoft Team Services/Azure DevOps experience
- Preferred: Experience Working in an agile environment
- Preferred: Experience with Quality Analysis
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.