Team Leader | Builders Risk and Insurance Operations
The Builders Risk and Insurance Operations Team Leader is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business activities and results of our Operations team. Working in a high volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team atmosphere, this individual is responsible for fostering an environment of collaboration and driving KPI’s by providing the tools and leadership the team needs to build relationships and meet customer expectations. This includes establishing and tracking progress towards objectives, production and quality monitoring in addition to providing performance and quality feedback for employee development, coaching, training and problem solving. This position requires a positive and motivated leader with a proven ability to meet deadlines, produce accurate and timely performance reports, identify opportunities for improvement, provide recommendations for viable solutions and refine/implement processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold a positive team environment that inspires, motivates and encourages employees, recognizes achievements and develops staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day production of the team, including providing daily direction and supervision to ensure quality and performance standards are met, managing call volume levels and assignments to team members, evaluating calls, and executing planned activities to achieve defined goals and results.
- Assess team resources, forecast work load and capacity, and update staffing models to ensure consistent achievement of department goals.
- Ensure all processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time frames.
- Conducts performance and quality monitoring, and provides feedback and coaching on a regular basis to team members. Keeps management informed of progress towards these goals.
- Maintains availability as key departmental resource for company guidelines, department procedures, specified workflows and assigned projects.
- Consult with manager regarding progress toward goals, production levels, quality levels, staffing needs and procedural changes.
- Assists with setting performance and quality expectations.
- Responsible for writing performance reviews and addressing disciplinary and/or performance issues according to US Assure policy.
- Assists manager in interviewing candidates for employment and assessing organizational fit.
- Identifies team member development and training needs through regular interactions and observation.
- Manages employee schedules to meet service level agreements.
- Performs training and classroom instructions as appropriate and supports employee coaching and development needs.
- Handles payroll administration for direct reports, including the review of entries, recording of paid time off (PTO), overtime and employee leave.
- Navigates multiple company systems and resources.
- Supports an inclusive team environment.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to uphold US Assure’s corporate vision, mission and values.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge / Skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct the activities of other employees in order to achieve objectives and team goals.
- An authentic positive demeanor, with strong coaching skills focused on quality and technique.
- A desire to learn, share knowledge and keep your team up-to-date on product offerings and relationship development best practices.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience using productivity and quality management systems.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills; aptitude to analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Professional knowledge of customer service techniques and strategies.
- Maintains appropriate working knowledge of company systems and processes, accepted business software, Internet and phone systems.
- Professional working knowledge of Microsoft Office software with emphasis on Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Professional knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry, preferred.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Supervisory or higher leadership position within a team environment.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience overseeing a team of 10 or more.
- Preparing and analyzing performance metric reports.
- Organizing and implementing goal-oriented initiatives.
- Insurance industry experience including underwriting, service, billing and/or insurance designations a plus.
Job Related Competencies
- Initiating Action – Responds quickly, takes independent action, and goes above and beyond.
- Building a Successful Team – Develop direction and structure, facilitates goal accomplishment, involves others and models commitment.
- Coaching/Developing Others – Accurately identifies team members’ strengths and/or development needs, offers opportunities that will enhance skills, avoids being overly directive during coaching discussions, and establishes clear, measurable performance expectations.
- Continuous Improvement – Assesses opportunities, determines causes, targets improvement ideas, and implements effective improvements.
- Customer Focus – Listens to customer concerns; demonstrates understanding and interest, seeks customer ideas and suggestions to solve problems/issues, avoids unreasonable commitments, and makes an extra effort to satisfy customers.
- Communication – Establishes discussion objectives that clearly reflect what needs to be accomplished, conveys ideas clearly and with appropriate grammar and vocabulary, summarizes information to ensure understanding of content, and delivers difficult messages diplomatically.
- Building Trust – Operates with integrity, discloses own positions, remains open to ideas, and supports others.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Possesses educational knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties.
- Managing Work - Prioritizes, makes preparations, schedules, leverages resources and stays focused.
- Managing Conflict – Opens discussions effectively, clarifies the current situation, remains open to all sides, stays focused on resolution, develops others’ and own ideas, initiates action and closes discussions with clear summaries.
- Decision Making – Seeks and organizes information and data to explain trends, problems and causes, recognizes cause and effect relationships, selects courses of action that demonstrate good judgment, and demonstrates a willingness to be decisive under time pressure.
- Information Monitoring – Identifies monitoring needs, develops monitoring systems, implements tracking systems, and reviews data.
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (Ab) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and commercial insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk, environmental, property, and small commercial programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces, transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.