Underwriter | Builders Risk Underwriting
The Underwriter is responsible for producing profitable growth of Builders Risk premiums and providing high quality underwriting, while balancing company philosophies in order to maintain a profitable book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Underwrite residential and commercial Builders Risk and Contractors Equipment; new and renewal business, within underwriting authority and program limits.
· Adhere to all underwriting guidelines, authority levels and standards.
· Perform file audits on counterparts and service team members, as assigned.
· Possess working knowledge of all Builders Risk products in order to assist internal employees and external customers with inquiries.
· Mentoring and training of team members.
· Market company’s products and services.
· Build relationships with distributors and business partners.
· Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
· Proven knowledge of coverage and pricing for all Builders Risk products and/or proven knowledge of property and casualty underwriting.
· Basic knowledge of insurance underwriting procedures, laws and regulations for assigned territories.
· Proven knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures.
· General knowledge of the market/industry.
· Proven knowledge of accepted business software, mainframe systems and Internet usage.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent industry experience, required.
· Completion of insurance industry specific courses (IIA, CIC and/or CPCU) and/or designations, preferred.
· Ability to approach underwriting, creatively.
· Experience with training employees.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.