Vice President, Information Technology
Working in a high volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, the Vice President, Information Technology is responsible for integrating long-term corporate-wide information needs with data processing activities including systems analysis, programming and computer and auxiliary operations. This position is responsible for translating corporate objectives into actuality by implementing technology solutions through delegation; communicating project status and problem areas; departmental operations and management, budgeting, system analysis, hardware/software selection, software development, and infrastructure design and operations. By ensuring effective and long-term problem resolution, the Vice President, Information Technology, partners with other US Assure leaders’ and business partners while aligning customer service with strategies and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops overall corporate IT strategy including needs, systems development, and hardware/software acquisition and integration.
- Identifies new computer technology and determines their applicability to the organization’s long-term needs.
- Oversees corporate policies and procedures, technical standards, methods, and priorities.
- May have direct day-to-day management responsibilities for data processing plans, projects, performance, and related matters.
- Responsible for all corporate IT activities including systems analysis, programming, and computer auxiliary operations.
- Oversees the strategic relationship between information technology and other functions within the organization.
- Maintains the organization’s awareness of developments in information technology and computer hardware and software for the formulation of long- and short-range plans for the acquisition and implementation of new equipment and techniques.
- Reports to executive leadership on information technology plans, projects, performance and related matters.
- Directs and provides functional direction to middle IT managers.
- Develops and monitors team budget, identifying and explaining variances in accordance with established processes.
- Prepares monthly staffing models for use in budgeting process to determine staffing needs.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
- Writes and administers performance reviews and addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues according to US Assure policy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Professional knowledge of company IT systems and processes, accepted business software and relevant Web technologies.
- Professional knowledge of company products and programs, procedures, eligibility guidelines and business rules.
- Professional knowledge of project management practices.
- Professional knowledge of leadership competencies and management processes to drive productivity and quality performance.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, preferred.
- 10-15 years’ equivalent industry and/or leadership experience within a complex IT environment managing systems, operations, projects and development environment, required.
- Experience migrating legacy systems to modern technology and cloud based platforms.
- 5+ years’ Property and casualty insurance experience with knowledge of workflow and integrated systems, preferred.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.