Need a policy fast? Enjoy a newly streamlined submission process with the Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich, effective January 7.
Depending on the risk type, you may experience fewer underwriting questions when using our online application to quote residential and commercial course of construction risks valued up to $10 million. A sample of questions removed include:
- Number of structures / projects built or remodeled during the past 12 months
- Is there a sales contract on this structure?
- Eligible for the Wind Pool?
- Will wind coverage be purchased through the wind pool?
- What [windstorm] limit can be purchased?
- Does the building have an operable sprinkler system?
You’ve never issued builders risk this fast! You’ll also see new:
- ISO protection class categories that include X
- Classifications (good, fair or poor) to describe the condition of an existing structure when undergoing remodeling
- Good Condition: Well-maintained and little / no evidence of deferred maintenance. Minimal repairs can be quickly and affordably resolved and are only cosmetic in nature.
- Fair Condition: Lacks maintenance and / or minor repairs are needed to bring into average condition.
- Poor Condition: Uninhabitable, siding / shingles missing, dilapidated, overgrown landscaping, fire damaged, flooded, vandalized or stripped of copper. Major repairs needed.
Additionally, commercial projects located in CT, DE, MA, NH, NJ, NY or RI and valued more than $5 million will be manually underwritten when coastal and wind coverage are included. For these larger risks, this transition will speed the underwriting process for you and allow your clients access to higher coverage limits and more flexibility in terms and pricing, where needed.
Not only will your client continue to get our best pricing for their project, you’ll experience an even more efficient process! Give us a chance to quote the next construction project from your commercial or personal lines client! Start Now >