Builders Risk for Personal Lines Agents
Why do homeowners need builders risk insurance?
It’s a common question for personal lines agents selling builders risk, and the answer is: homeowners policies typically don’t offer the robust coverage your clients need when the unforeseen occurs.
Your personal lines clients may not realize it, but homeowners insurance policies often don’t cover losses that occur while a home is under construction — whether it’s a new home being built, a remodeling project in their current home or even a simple installation like new flooring or cabinets. However, a builders risk policy is specifically designed to cover a person's or organization's insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment awaiting installation, should those items sustain damage from a covered cause of loss.
When selecting a builders risk policy, a homeowner can find peace of mind knowing claims against their property policy will be minimized should a loss occur during remodeling. A builders risk policy can also provide term extensions and renewals, the ability to include or exclude the existing structure during remodeling, and the option to expand coverage limits should change orders cause the project value to increase during the course of construction. You’ll feel confident knowing you’re giving clients competitively priced coverage with a highly respected and reliable provider known for its customer-centric claims handling. Find out more about new home construction coverage and home remodeling insurance.
- New custom, modular and tract homes
- Apartment, condominium and duplexes
- Bathroom and kitchen improvements
- Roof replacement
- Ground-floor additions
- Removing load-bearing walls
- Adding additional stories
- Building a staircase or elevator
- Foundation work
- Aging-in-place improvements (e.g., widening hallways, lowering counters and cabinets, etc.)
- Cabinets, windows or flooring installation
- Adding or replacing doors and windows
- Rate, quote and issue most policies online in minutes
- Single project / one-shot policy for new construction, remodeling and installation projects
- Many coverages automatically included with the option to increase limits
- Optional coverages include change order endorsement, flood, named storm, better green, soft cost, and more
- Direct bill with premium payment installment options