Commercial Remodeling Insurance
Commercial properties are regularly remodeled, whether for new tenants or expansion of the business. No matter how big or small the changes, builders risk insurance is crucial to protect these projects — the investment and livelihood of the business owner is often at stake.
Our Builders Risk Plan is flexible to cover the wide range of commercial risks and can be tailored to meet the varying needs of commercial property construction clients. A variety of builders risk policies are available and most can be written in the name of the contractor, property owner, retail company, investment company or other entities with an insurable interest in the structure. Policies are issued online or directly with an underwriter depending on the project value, specific coverage needs and the terms of the construction agreement.
Whether the project is valued at $1 million or up to $75 million, the US Assure Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich can meet the needs of nearly any commercial remodel, and policies are insured by an “A” rated carrier known for its superior claims handling, giving your clients peace of mind should a loss occur.
- Basic Remodel: changes to interior, (e.g., replacement of fixtures, cabinets and flooring)
- Minor Structural: modifications to interior and exterior, (e.g., doors, windows, roof replacement and ground floor additions)
- Major Structural: repair, replacement or removal of load-bearing walls or foundation of stories; adding new stories, stairways and elevators, foundation work including underpinning and / or dewatering
- Ineligible: Historical homes; (projects involving the historical registry or that will be applying for historical status during renovation)
- Flexible policy terms, including extensions when required
- Policy options include: single project, reporting form, blanket deposit premium
- Coverage options include earth movement, flood, ordinance and law, soft costs, business income and extra expense, and testing of building systems
- Ability to increase additional coverage limits
- Direct access to our dedicated team of more than 50 builders risk underwriters and specialists via phone or email
- Quick, reliable turnaround (1-3 days), including rush and quote indications
- Higher commissions: 20% paid in all states, excluding high-value frame projects
- Ability to accommodate fee-based agencies with large accounts; pricing flexibility for fee-based brokers
- Premium payment installment options for policies over $500
- Ability to write in all protection classes
- Pro-rata cancellations
- No co-insurance
- Nationwide on an admitted basis