US Assure Insurance Services of Florida, Inc. dba InsuranceLink, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“US Assure,” “we”, “our" or “us”) respect your concerns about privacy and want you to understand the ways in which we collect and use information provided to us.
Information we collect
Information you provide directly to us. We collect information that you provide to us directly, for example, when you apply for an insurance policy, when you register to write business with us or when you otherwise contact us with a comment, question, or request for information. The information that you provide may include, but is not limited to: (a) contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number; (b) other identifying numbers such as your Social Security Number or Federal Employer Identification Number; (c) account information, such as account number, producer code, and policy number; and (d) relevant information to an insurance policy, such as information about your property.
Information we collect by automated means. When you use our Online Services, we collect certain information that helps us understand how the service is being used and how we may improve it.
In addition to gathering information with cookies, our web servers log information such as your operating system, browser, what web pages you visit, and the time you visited them. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of a web page that you came from and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. These logs help us understand how our Online Services are being used and troubleshoot usability issues that may occur with them.
We may combine the information you provide us and information we automatically collect with information from public or third-party sources.
Your cookie choices
You can enable or disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. This allows you to reject the placement of all cookies (except strictly necessary cookies). You can also delete cookies which have already been placed on your device.
Please remember that disabling or deleting some or all cookies may prevent some web services (including on this website) from functioning correctly, and may impact the user experience.
For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with products and services and to operate, maintain, and enhance the Online Services. For example:
To provide our services. We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with the products, services, or information that you request; to provide you with information about Online Services or required notices; to deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you; and to customize your experience when using the Online Services, among other things.
To improve our services. We use the information we collect and receive to improve the Online Services we provide, for example by better tailoring content to user needs and preferences, such by generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Services; and by developing new products and services.
To communicate with you. We use the information we collect and receive to communicate with you about our Online Services and products, to respond to you when you contact us, and to let you know about our policies and terms.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Sharing of information
We may share your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as providing payment processing services, delivering marketing communications or advertisements that may be of interest to you. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We do not share social security numbers with service providers. We may also share your information among our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share information we collect on the Online Services at your request
We may share information that is not reasonably identified with you for any purpose.
We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. Some areas of the Online Services provide features that allow you to access and update personal information you have provided there. Some areas contain features that permit you to register your communications preferences, such as by indicating your preference to receive information about particular types of products. You may visit the area of the Online Services where you provided personal information to learn if it provides these features. If it does not, you can contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section to update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request.
How we protect information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Because no information system can be fully secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Protection of Social Security numbers
We strive to protect the confidentiality of Social Security Numbers we collect by employing reasonable safeguards seeking to (i) prohibit unlawful disclosure of Social Security Numbers and (ii) limit access to Social Security numbers.
How we retain information
We may retain information that can reasonably identify you for as long as your account is active or as we determine is needed for our reasonable business purposes, including to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The Online Services are not directed to, nor knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below. It will be promptly removed from our systems.
Links to other websites
The Online Services may provide links to other sites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies other than US Assure. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not operated by us, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Blogs and other interactive services
We may offer blogs, online forums or other interactive services on the Online Services that enable visitors to post and share information and materials. Please note that any information you post or share through these services will become public information and may be available to visitors who access the Online Services and to the general public.
How to contact us
Attention: Privacy Office
8230 Nations Way
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Telephone: (800) 800 - 3907
Additional notice to California residents (effective January 1, 2020)
Personal information US Assure collects
We collect personal information about a variety of California residents, including actual and prospective policyholders, representatives of corporate policyholders, other insured persons, actual and prospective agents or business partners, brokers and US Assure service providers. In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, and other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories.||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Internet or other electronic network activity regarding a California resident’s interaction with our portals, Internet websites, applications, or advertisements, but not limited to browsing history, clickstream data, and search history.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Audio, video and other electronic data||Audio information including call recordings and photographs.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Employment history, qualifications, licensing, and disciplinary records.||NO|
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information|
Inferences drawn from any of the information described in this section about a consumer including inferences reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, behavior and abilities
Personal Information does not include: Publicly available information from government records. De-identified or aggregated consumer information. Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like: Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Protection Act of 1994
Sources of personal information
We obtain the categories of personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from our insureds or their agents. For example, from applications that our insureds provide to us or our agents related to the insurance for which they engage us.
- Directly from activity on our websites. For example, any applications for insurance made through any of our websites.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the insurance we provide.
Business or commercial purposes for which personal information may be used
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to provide you insurance, we will use that information to provide you a quote for insurance or to bind an insurance policy.
- To provide you with information (a quote for insurance) or services (an insurance policy) that you request from us.
- To develop and improve products and services, such as to audit customer interactions, resolve complaints, and evaluate customer services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To conduct research, analytics, and data analysis, and for marketing purposes, such as to personalize, advertise, and market our products and services
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Sharing of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Insurance carrier partners.
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
Rights available to you
A. Right to know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you.
- The categories of personal information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such personal information (if applicable).
The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
B. Right to request deletion
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a valid and verifiable request and we can confirm your identity and/or authority to make the request, we will determine if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the above retention conditions apply, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers to do that same.
Exercising your disclosure rights
To exercise your rights to disclosure or deletion described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by sending us an email at email@example.com. Otherwise, you may call us at (800) 800 - 3907.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or deletion no more than twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must: Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, but the agent must provide proof that the agent is authorized to make a request on your behalf. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Timeframe for a response from US Assure
We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason for an extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Opting out of the sale of your personal information
As a California resident, you have the right to direct a business that sells your personal information to third parties not to sell your personal information. This right is referred to as “the right to opt-out.”
Because we do not sell your personal information, we do not provide any mechanism for you to exercise the right to opt out.
Rights to non-discrimination
You may exercise you rights under CCPA without discrimination. For example, unless the CCPA provides and exception, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level of quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
Do not track signals
This is a privacy setting that you may set in your web browsers. If turned on, this setting directs websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing, to stop tracking your activity. Presently, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings or signals.
Questions or requests
Attention: Privacy Office
8230 Nations Way
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Telephone: (800) 800 - 3907