No matter the project value or risk type, you can start an application online for course of construction insurance. Our application checklist introduces the basic information you need to obtain a builders risk insurance quote.
Whether the project is a custom home, a dream remodel or an office building renovation, builders risk insurance provides financial protection from costly losses that may occur from the time the ground is cleared to the installation of the final touches.
Eligible Course of Construction Projects
Eligible risks include new construction, remodeling and installation jobs nationwide and in all protection classes.
Builders Risk Insurance Quote
It’s fast and easy to obtain a builders risk insurance quote. You can rate, quote and issue a Zurich builders risk policy online for residential and commercial course of construction projects valued up to $10 million. Projects valued under $5 million require little-to-no human intervention. Additionally, our online system provides:
- Access to quick premium estimates
- Streamlined application questions that are specific to the risk characteristics
- Innovative coverage options automatically included with the option to increase limits
- Quick resolution to underwriting holds — most resolved within the same day
- Ability to retrieve proposals and produce multiple quote iterations for the same account
- Proof of coverage available instantly upon policy issuance
- Policies backed by Zurich’s financial security and superior claims handling
- A dedicated team of specialists available with underwriting authority
New Home Construction Valued Up to $500,000
If the project is new home construction and valued at $500,000 or less, check out the fastest way to secure a builders risk policy using our XPressBIND® application. You’ll answer just six questions, along with the risk address. If your responses meet the requirements, you’ll get a formal quote in record time. No additional underwriting information or holds will be required.
Commercial Course of Construction Projects Valued Over $10M
For projects valued over $10 million, our dedicated commercial underwriters will work with you directly to provide a builders risk insurance quote in a timely and efficient manner — typically with a one-to-three-day turnaround. The quickest and most efficient way to obtain a premium quote is to apply online. You can also obtain a premium estimate within 24 to 48 hours when you complete and submit our commercial builders risk insurance quote indication form for underwriting review.
It’s a common misconception that every hold is a hard stop. In fact, more than 60% of risks submitted to US Assure flow through our online platform, hold-free. Approximately 90% of submissions that are placed on hold are later approved.