Business investors, landlords and other owners of residential and commercial real estate often find their properties unoccupied during tenant or ownership transitions or even renovation.
US Assure’s vacant property insurance offers coverage for completely vacant homes and commercial vacant buildings. Owners can purchase property insurance limits up to $5 million and general liability limits up to $1 million for their vacant dwellings. Should the occupancy of the property change during the policy term, property coverage can easily be converted to a rental dwelling policy.
Vacant property insurance helps protect property owners against loss when a property is unoccupied and completely empty for an extended period of time.
An unoccupied property faces increased risk of loss and damage due to a criminal act, such as vandalism or theft, an accident such as water damage from burst pipes, or other losses. Vacant structure insurance can provide protection not provided by an owner’s standard property insurance policy.
A property is considered vacant if it is unoccupied for an extended period of time, whether due to repairs, renovations, a change of ownership or use for the building, a public health issue (such as the COVID-19 pandemic) that requires employees to work from home or another location, or other issues.
US Assure’s vacant property insurance covers both residential and commercial real estate, including completely vacant stand-alone homes, condos and apartment buildings, retail spaces, strip malls, high-rise office buildings, warehouses, and more. Our vacant building insurance is available nationwide (except in Alaska and Hawaii) with purchase property coverage limits up to $5 million and general liability limits up to $1 million for vacant buildings.
- Residential dwellings and commercial buildings that are completely vacant
- All protection classes when a fire station is located within six miles
- Structures undergoing repairs, remodeling or renovations at 15% or less than the total completed value or purchase price
- Structures must have a value of at least $25 per square foot
- Mobile homes anchored or on a permanent foundation
- Individual condominiums or townhouse units
- No more than two losses in the past three years
- Quote and issue policies online
- Insured by a respected “A” rated carrier and serviced by our team of experts
- Standard 12-month policy term, with short-term policies available
- Can easily be converted to a rental dwelling policy during the policy term
- One policy for multiple residential properties when located in the same state and requiring the same occupancy coverage need
- Basic Form including vandalism; special Form including theft and excluding theft
- Wind coverage is not a standard coverage option, but may be available in select areas for an additional charge
- Direct bill to clients; premium installment payments available
- Available with no premium commitment and competitive compensation offered to retail agents and brokers.
Nationwide, except in Alaska and Hawaii