Quality Assurance Engineer
Working in a high volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning and performing quality assurance analysis of major company activities and/or functions and guiding the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of existing business systems/applications.
- Review requirements, specifications, and design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, document, and track bugs
- Design, develop and execute test automation
- Track quality assurance metrics like defect densities and open defect counts
- Participate in team retrospectives, sprint planning, and other meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute user acceptance testing (UAT) with business users.
- Assist the development teams and project management on incorporating the QA discipline into the SDLC.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Knowledge of Windows desktop and server environments.
- Understanding of testing browser compatibility.
- Understanding of user experience concepts.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies and tools.
- Ability to use SQL to answer questions as they pertain to testing.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience developing test plans & test cases for moderate to complex software, preferably with an n-tier architecture.
- 3+ years of experience executing manual test cases, including providing comprehensive test metrics.
- 3+ years managing different environments used for testing, including managing which environments are ready to accept new code for testing.
- Proven work experience in software development quality assurance
- Hands-on experience with testing concepts such as blackbox/whitebox and A/B testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Comfortable writing moderately complex SQL queries to validate that data is accurate and/or functionality is working as expected.
- Understanding of executing and validating an end-to-end test across multiple system boundaries and formats.
- Demonstrated experience leading one or more QA analysts in the execution of test cases
- Experience working in a small, agile environment is a plus
- Experience leading UAT sessions with business users from all levels of the organization is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, QA testing, or equivalent field.
- Preferred: Insurance industry experience.
- Preferred: Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Preferred: Experience working in an agile environment.
- Pertinent industry certifications are a plus.
Job Related Competencies
- Managing Work - Prioritizes, makes preparations, schedules, leverages resources, stays focused
- Adaptability - Tries to understand change, approaches change or newness positively, adjusts behavior
- Continuous Learning - Targets learning needs, seeks learning activities, maximizes learning, applies knowledge or skill, and takes risks in learning
- Communication - Organizes the communication, maintains audience attention, adjusts to the audience, ensures understanding, adheres to accepted conventions, and comprehends communication from others
- Customer Focus - Seeks to understand customers, educates customers, builds collaborative relationships, takes action to meet customer needs and concerns, and sets up customer feedback systems
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Possesses technical knowledge and skills necessary to perform duties
- Building Trust – Operates with integrity, discloses own positions, remains open to ideas, and supports others
- Decision Making - Identifies issues, problems and opportunities, gathers information, interprets information, generates alternatives, chooses appropriate action, commits to action, and involves others
- Handling Pressure - Maintains focus, maintains relationships, and copes effectively
US Assure, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either an employee or US Assure, Inc. may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause (subject to applicable laws).
About US Assure
US Assure (usassure.com) provides insurance programs and services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, the privately held company manages, distributes and services programs for leading carriers in the construction and commercial insurance market with distribution throughout the U.S. and Canada. Offerings include a full range of builders risk, environmental, property, and small commercial programs. With four decades of expertise managing programs and providing service, US Assure is a trusted partner offering solutions needed to assure success.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset and the key to our success. At US Assure, associates at all levels of the organization are encouraged to share ideas and be involved in the evolution of our business. In fact, our associates’ average tenure is 11 years. Our work approach and environment reflects our values, offering collaborative spaces, transparency and rewards and recognition.
Our people benefit from:
- Competitive performance-based compensation packages
- 401(k) matching contributions and profit sharing
- Medical and dental insurance benefits with significant employer contributions
- Other benefits, such as Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Generous paid time off (PTO) program
- Paid holidays
- Modern, collaborative work environment
- On-site fitness center
- Company-matched charitable gifts
If you're a qualified candidate looking for a career that will challenge your potential, value your input and earn you competitive compensation, we’d like the opportunity to get to know you.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter during the application process.