Service Specialist | Billing
Working in a high call volume, multi-tasked, goal oriented, team environment, this position is responsible for providing information, handling and resolving problems, and advanced troubleshooting of all types of billing inquiries, as well as processing transactions within the various systems used for billing. The Service Specialist also provides quality customer service and problem resolution in a professional, timely and accurate manner, while providing direct support to the Service Representative. The daily working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact in responding to a request from direct bill customers, agents and/or field staff. This includes customer billing inquiries for all product lines and handling inbound and outbound calls in a multi-task environment.
- Process all types of business transactions to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Handling of day to day Faxpro.
- Handling exception report processing.
- Answering internal inquiries from the Assistance Que.
- Utilize company systems to enter all transactions while maintaining production and quality standards.
- Ensure all problems, processing and inquiries are handled efficiently within established time frames.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and US Assure’s corporate vision and mission.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within team.
- Provide on the job training and mentoring with others in the department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet business needs. Includes functions normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or licenses, and/or abilities required.
- Proven knowledge of accounting/billing principles.
- Proven knowledge of accepted business software, mainframe systems and the Internet.
- Proven knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Proven ability to analyze situations and resolve problems with little or no assistance.
- Proven company product and service knowledge.
Education and/or Experience and Abilities
- High school graduate, minimum; AA/BS/BA degree with emphasis in insurance, business or finance, preferred.
- Two plus years’ experience in a customer service, multi-tasked environment, with a call center focus.
- Ability to accurately type 35 WPM.
To learn more about the position and apply online, CLICK HERE. Qualified candidates should also be prepared to submit a resume during the application process.