Commercial New Construction Insurance
Between groundbreaking and final inspections, commercial construction projects come with a range of risks, and reliable commercial business insurance coverage is crucial.
The US Assure Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich is the nation's leading commercial builders risk insurance policy for construction professionals, business owners and entities. With flexible coverages and billing options, the Builders Risk Plan offers coverage nationwide for commercial new construction projects valued up to $75 million, including office buildings, retail spaces, apartment buildings and more.
Our Builders Risk Plan is designed to meet the varying needs of commercial property construction clients. Commercial policies are issued online or directly with an underwriter depending on the project value, specific coverage needs and the terms of the construction agreement. A variety of policy types are available and insured by an “A” rated carrier known for its superior claims handling, giving policyholders peace of mind should a loss occur. The right policy depends on who the insured will be and the number of projects they need to cover throughout the year.
Our dedicated team of builders risk experts — many with an average tenure of more than 10 years in the industry — understand construction and have decision making authority for a wide array of projects.
- Flexible policy terms, including extensions when required
- Eligible projects: apartment complexes (5 or more units), retail locations, sports arenas, restaurants, office buildings, cell towers, schools, hospitals and parks, and more
- Policy types include single structure, reporting form or blanket deposit premium
- Coverage endorsements: earth movement, flood, ordinance and law, soft costs, business income and extra expense, and testing of building systems, and more
- Direct access to our dedicated team of more than 50 builders risk underwriters and specialists via phone or email
- Quick, reliable turnaround (1 - 3 days), including rush and quote indications
- Higher commissions: 20% paid in all states, excluding high-value frame projects
- Ability to accommodate fee-based agencies with large accounts; pricing flexibility for fee-based brokers
- Premium payment installment options for policies over $500
- Ability to write in all protection classes
- Ability to increase additional coverage limits
- Pro-rata cancellations
- No co-insurance
- Risk engineering services available through Zurich
- Nationwide on an admitted basis