Rental Home Insurance Policy for Landlords

For many business investors, landlords and other owners of residential property, rent is a source of additional revenue and critical to the success of their investment. Because property is tenant occupied, these owners or landlords need more than standard homeowners insurance to ensure adequate protection for direct physical loss or damage to the structure or personal property left onsite, as well as liability should someone get hurt on the property. 

The US Assure rental dwelling insurance, also known as a landlord insurance policy, offers coverage for owners renting well-maintained, one-to-four family unit dwellings, including their detached structures. Should the occupancy of the property change during the policy term, property coverage can easily be converted to an unoccupied property insurance policy

The rental dwelling policy is insured by a respected “A” rated carrier, serviced by our team of experts and available with no premium commitment. We also offer competitive compensation to retail agents and brokers.


  • Well-maintained, one-to-four family unit dwellings (including their detached structures) occupied by tenants only
  • Continuous insurance coverage for the past three years
  • Row homes
  • Condominium or co-op units
  • Manufactured / Mobile homes — provided they are fixed to permanent foundations, skirted and are not movable
  • Detached structures with respect to garages and larger storage sheds which can be rented to tenants provided they are not used for any commercial purposes (a separate limit is required for these structures)
  • All protection classes, when a fire station is located within six miles


  • Streamlined underwriting and online application process
  • Standard 12 month policy term, with short-term policies available in many states
  • Optional coverage includes loss of rents, back-up of sewer and drains, and theft
  • Property coverage up to $5M; premises liability up to $1 million each occurrence/aggregate
  • Minimum property value is $20,000 for condominiums and $50,000 for all other residential dwellings
  • Rental dwelling policy can easily be converted to a vacant structure policy
  • Offered on an admitted basis in most states
  • Direct bill with premium payment installment options and a credit card payment method  


  • AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA and WI

More Information

Our team is available at (800) 800 – 3907 should you need assistance in the application process or have questions about this product.

Issue a rental dwelling policy

Agents and brokers already registered to do business with us may log in here to begin issuing their next rental dwelling policy or manage an existing policy.


Access new products today

Agent or broker? Join the US Assure team. Enjoy access to a broad portfolio of programs all insured by respected “A” rated carriers and a responsive, reliable team of industry experts who place you at the center of everything we do. 

Are you a customer looking for coverage? Click here. 

Need more information?

Rental Dwelling Brochure | Download Now ►
US Assure Underwriting Contacts | Download Now ►