Wind Coverage for Builders Risk Insurance in Florida
The time has finally come to give you one of the most requested endorsements from agencies in Florida. After hearing from countless insurance professionals and holding exploratory conversations with many owners, producers and CSRs, we are expanding optional windstorm coverage for the Zurich builders risk policy in Florida. This reduces the likelihood your course of construction insurance client will need to purchase it from the state wind pool or from an excess and surplus lines market.
Now, you could secure windstorm coverage with the A+ rated* Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich in nearly every Florida county within 1,000 feet of tidal water. Policies must have an effective date of February 8, 2021, or beyond. Previously, projects within 1,000 feet of tidal water were not eligible to include windstorm coverage.
- Residential and commercial new construction projects valued up to $5M may be considered; remodeling and installation jobs are not eligible.
- All Florida counties may qualify, except Monroe.
- Some barrier islands may be considered.
- Flood coverage cannot be added when windstorm is included.
- The project term cannot exceed two hurricane seasons if windstorm coverage is included.
During the application process, select “yes” to windstorm coverage and provide the project’s actual distance from the water. Your submission will go on hold in order for us to conduct a further underwriting eligibility review.
Get a builders risk insurance quote today. If you’d like to discuss windstorm coverage with our dedicated team of specialists, contact us at (800) 800 – 3907.
More NewsView more
Watch this gratitude-packed video from our employees to you.
Effective May 13, 2023, the 12-month policy term for remodeling policies with existing structure included and valued under $50,000 will no longer be available.