Custom homebuilders, general contractors and even property owners often find themselves searching for insurance coverage to protect personal or business construction projects. Builders risk insurance, also referred to as course of construction insurance, covers a person's or organization's insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment to be installed during the construction or renovation of a building or structure should those items sustain physical loss or damage from a covered cause; it is often required to comply with government regulations or as a condition to meeting banking or other contractual arrangements. While a builders risk policy itself is relatively simple to obtain, ensuring the proper coverage, limits and policy type are in place requires a core understanding of the industry and the associated risks which occur during the course of construction.
The US Assure Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich is the nation's leading inland marine policy for owners and contractors. With comprehensive insurance coverage and flexible policy options, our Builders Risk Plan is designed to meet the needs of residential and commercial customers for any project type and size ranging from turnkey and custom build to order to high volume construction, and it can be tailored for even the largest construction project.
The builders risk program is designed to make it easier for you to focus on customer relationships and sales. The following are just a few of the valuable features offered:
- Ability to rate, quote, issue, and manage policies from any device, browser or monitor size
- Capacity for projects of any size and value, including wind and flood
- Innovative coverage options designed with the needs of contractors in mind; many are automatically included with the option to increase limits
- Policy options include "one shot" or single structure, reporting form and deposit premium
- Policies can be insured in the name of the contractor or owner
- Insured by Zurich
- Direct access to our dedicated team of more than 50 underwriters
- Direct billing with premium payment installment options
- Fast, easy access with no minimum commitment