New Construction Builders Risk Insurance
From the time materials are first delivered to a job site until the last nail is hammered, new home construction and new commercial development projects often encounter unexpected costs and delays. When your client is planning a residential or commercial course of construction project to build from the ground-up, ensuring they have a comprehensive new home or commercial property construction builders risk insurance policy is crucial to protect their interests from unforeseen losses.
The Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich offers an inland marine insurance policy for residential and commercial construction projects valued up to $75 million. Our builders risk coverage form protects a person's or organization's insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment awaiting installation, should those items sustain damage from a covered cause of loss. The cost of a builders risk policy depends on factors such as project type, location and construction type. Nearly any party with an insurable interest in the structure can purchase builders risk insurance, including homeowners, builders, development companies, house flippers, business investors, retail companies, school districts and other entities. So, whether your client is a contractor looking to build a multimillion-dollar sports facility or an owner planning to build a new single-family home, the new construction insurance coverage form from the Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich provides much-needed financial protection and peace of mind.
Through our proprietary online system, it’s simple to issue a builders risk policy tailored to the specific coverage needs of your commercial or personal lines client. We also offer individual attention from our dedicated team of more than 50 specialists when you need support.
- New home construction insurance: Available for residential projects like one-to-four-family homes, custom homes, modular homes and tract homes
- New commercial construction insurance: Available for commercial projects like apartment complexes (5+ units), retail locations, sports arenas, restaurants, office buildings, cell towers, schools, hospitals and parks
- And more!
- Rate, quote and issue online in minutes
- Capacity for residential and commercial projects valued up to $75 million (including wind and the option for flood)
- Policy options include "one shot" or single structure, reporting form and deposit premium
- Secure coverage in the name of the owner, contractor or other entity
- Option to purchase higher sub-limits and additional coverage, including endorsements for soft costs, contract change orders and much more
- Direct billing with premium payment installment options
- Fast, easy access with no premium commitment
- Nationwide on an admitted basis