Residential Builders Risk Insurance
As one of the most commonly issued forms of course of construction coverage, residential builders risk insurance is needed wherever a custom home is built, home remodeling takes place or fences are installed around the property. From the time the first nail is hammered in a home, it’s subject to a variety of exposures. Whether your client is a owner, home builder, house-flipper, development company or investment company, they need a comprehensive residential builders risk policy for their new home construction or home remodeling project.
The US Assure Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich offers an inland marine policy for residential course of construction projects valued up to $75 million. Our builders risk insurance policy protects a person's or organization's insurable interest in materials, fixtures and / or equipment awaiting installation, should those items sustain damage from a covered cause of loss. With a wide variety of coverages, builders risk policies can be insured in the contractor or owner’s name, and clients benefit from the industry’s most comprehensive and flexible terms. The cost of a builders risk policy depends on factors such as project type, location and construction type. Using our online platform, you can create a policy specific to your clients’ needs while under construction. You also have access to our dedicated team of specialists should you need support.
Residential Project Examples
- New home builders insurance: Coverage available for projects such as one-to-four-family homes, custom homes, modular homes and tract homes
- Home remodeling insurance: Coverage available for basic remodeling, minor structural and major structural renovation of one-to-four-family homes, custom homes, modular homes and tract homes
- Home installation insurance: Coverage available for many types of projects, such as the installation of roofing, flooring, windows, plumbing, HVAC systems, solar panels, cabinets, and more
- Rate, quote and issue most policies online in minutes
- Policy options include: single project, residential reporting form, blanket deposit premium, installation blanket
- Many coverages automatically included with the option to increase limits
- Optional coverages include change order endorsement, flood, named storm, better green, soft cost, and more
- Direct bill and premium payment installment options
- Available nationwide on an admitted basis
- Fast, easy access with no premium commitment