10 Unique Commercial Structures Our Agents Insured
When you think of commercial construction projects that can be insured by course of construction insurance like the Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich, the images that pop into your mind could likely be a one-story retail storefront or commercial renovation to a longstanding restaurant chain.
While we often cover these projects, the truth is: US Assure helps agents secure coverage for a wide variety of commercial construction projects that extend far beyond the typical. Following are just a few examples of the many unusual and simply impressive commercial construction projects insurance agents across the country earn the business of every day and trust the stability of Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich to insure the risk.
- Amphitheater and Football Practice Field: Insured in the name of its professional football team, this $56 million commercial new construction project in the southeastern United States included a unique 5,500-person-capacity outdoor performance space, a special attached artist building, as well as an enclosed 94,000-square-foot practice field.
- Indoor Water Park and Lodge: Located in the northern United States, this $20 million commercial new construction project was written in the name of the owner and featured indoor water attractions.
- Iron and Wood Rollercoaster: Located in the southeastern United States, this $4.5 million commercial new construction project was issued in the name of the owner. Unlike many modern rollercoasters, this project included both iron and wood in its structure for a unique ride experience.
- Professional Football Stadium - Premium Club Remodel: This $24 million commercial renovation project involved structural changes to the premium club sections of a southeastern professional football stadium, providing a new and exciting game day experience.
- Neighborhood Market and Fuel Station: Located in the southeastern United States, this $5 million commercial new construction project featured masonry non-combustible materials and was insured in the name of the contractor.
- Dine-In Entertainment Complex: This $9 million commercial new construction project in the southwestern United States was insured in the name of the contractor and features movie theater auditoriums, arcade attractions and bowling lanes.
- Nursing Barn and Dairy: Located in the southwestern United States, this $2 million commercial new construction project was insured in the name of the company for whom it was built and featured non-combustible construction materials.
- Bowling Alley: This $16 million commercial new construction project was written in the name of the contractor as part of an outdoor entertainment promenade in the western United States.
- Three-Story Student Success Center: Located in the southeastern United States, this $6 million commercial new construction project was written in the name of the contractor and featured non-combustible construction materials.
- Automated Car Wash: This $3.5 million commercial new construction project was located in the western United States and was written in the name of the company.
Other projects include green houses, hog pens, cell towers, indoor recreation centers, train tracks and platforms, indoor firing ranges, and more!
When you’re only looking for very specific projects to insure, sometimes a great opportunity for your business to earn additional builders risk revenue can pass you by. Who knows? Maybe the next unique course of construction project is happening in your community.
Through the Builders Risk Plan, your personal and commercial lines clients can access comprehensive construction insurance for new construction, remodeling and installation projects valued up to $75 million. So, whether it’s something as simple as a homeowner client looking to install new kitchen cabinets, or a multimillion-dollar stadium remodel, a builders risk insurance policy can secure a wide array of construction projects.
To learn more about the Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich and how it can protect a variety of your clients’ projects with “A” rated coverage, download From Groundbreaking to Remodeling: Builders Risk 101 Guide.
This is intended as a general description of certain types of insurance and services available to qualified customers. Your policy is the contract that specifically and fully describes your coverage. The description of the policy provisions gives a broad overview of coverages and does not revise or amend the policy.
Related ResourcesView more
Learn business-building tips with five recorded lessons, personalized for personal and commercial lines producers.
Learn what basic information you’ll need to gather before submitting an application online.
Explore scope of coverage, underwriting considerations, project eligibility and more to get you started.
Explore the range of accounts that can be secured by personal and commercial lines agents.