New Home Construction Insurance
From the time materials arrive, course of construction clients are subject to a variety of exposures not covered by a standard homeowners insurance policy. Whether it is an owner, home builder, house-flipper, development company or investment company, a comprehensive residential builders risk policy is important to secure for new home construction project. Here's why.
Permanent property insurance typically covers the final product or structure, not one that is under construction. Builders risk insurance is specifically designed to cover that critical gap by protecting a person's or organization's insurable interest in materials, fixtures and / or equipment, from the first hammered nail to the final coat of paint — and even when materials are in transit! A separate premises liability policy to complement our builders risk coverage be secured.
The US Assure Builders Risk Plan insured by Zurich is an inland marine policy for course of construction projects. Agents can quote and issue an insurance policy and obtain proof of coverage the same day. A variety of builders risk policies are available and can be secured in the name of the homeowner or builder, depending on the number of projects they need to cover throughout the year. Policies are insured by an “A” rated carrier known for its superior claims handling, giving policyholders peace of mind should a loss occur.
- Rate, quote and issue most policies online in minutes
- Eligible projects: 1-4 family unit homes, custom homes, modular homes and tract homes; structures with more than four family units are considered commercial construction
- Multiple policy options: single project, reporting form, blanket deposit premium
- Standard and additional coverages: arson, property damage, theft, vandalism, materials in transit and more
- Optional endorsements: contract change order, flood, named storm, green building, soft costs and more
- 12-month policy term starting at $375 with the option to renew
- Coverage can continue after the project is finished
- Direct bill, and premium payment installment options for policies over $500
- A separate premises liability product can be secured for the legal property owner
- Nationwide on an admitted basis